Information about admission through SAT for both Indian and International Students.
Commencing 2021 admissions, Symbiosis Skills and Professional University accepts SAT scores for all its Undergraduate programs. Students applying with SAT scores do not need to take the University Entrance Test.
Students can choose to apply through SAT scores. The SAT score will be accepted for both the Early and Regular Admissions window. The cut-off score for SAT will be in line with our shortlisting criteria for Undergraduate admissions.
The Designated Institution (DI) code is 9148. All applicants applying with SAT scores need to send us their official transcripts using this code. Indian students can send their SAT scores through their official College Board account to the University for free.
Currently, the SAT is conducted 5 times a year (May, August, October, December, and March) in over 57 cities and 100 test centers across the country. Students can take the SAT multiple times. You can find available test centers to sit for the SAT in your area by filtering on India (or the country where you would like to test) in this list
To see SAT test dates and deadlines or to register for an upcoming SAT exam, see here:
Discount on sat test fee for Indian residents
The College Board India Scholars Program offers lower-income students in India two ways to save money as they plan for the university.
- Up to 90% off SAT registration fees
- Scholarships at participating Indian universities, including some that cover the full tuition through graduation.
The SAT lets students show that they have the skills they need to take on university-level coursework.
Students can practice and register for the SAT online.
Who Can Get an SAT Discount?
Income-eligible students who live in India and are in Class XI or XII can apply for discount vouchers that will save them up to 90% on SAT registration fees.
- 90% SAT registration discount: Annual family income less than ₹8 lakh
- 50% SAT registration discount: Annual family income between ₹8 lakh and ₹15 lakh
Every eligible student who applies for an SAT discount voucher will get one. Students use these vouchers when they register for the SAT online.
College Board India Scholars Program in partnership with Symbiosis Skills AND Professional University
Students in India who score 1300 or above on the SAT® will be recognized as Top Performers by the College Board at the end of April on an annual basis. Top Performers who demonstrate significant financial need, defined as family income less than INR 8,00,000 per annum, are eligible to receive a full-tuition scholarship for the entire duration of their program of study.
The family income will be verified by scholarship administration partner, Buddy4Study.
Read more about the College Board India Scholars Program here
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. The scholarship details provided is sourced from the website of Buddy4Study. The College Board has engaged Buddy4Study, the scholarship platform to distribute SAT fee reductions to low-income students across India.
More about the sat
What is SAT Test?
SAT is a test of college readiness and used by more than 6000 Universities across the globe and over 40 Universities in India.
Why SAT Test?
- Measures what students learn in school, and what they need to succeed in Universities across the globe.
- Makes it easier for students to show their best work to Universities.
- Thousands of universities around the world, including several leading universities in India, accept SAT scores from students.
- Administered Five times a year in India, in the months of March, May, August, October and December.
- Students can take SAT multiple times and have a chance to improve their scores.
What is the structure of SAT Test?
The SAT is a test on a scale of 1600 points and is composed of 2 main sections — Math, Evidence-Based Reading and Writing, each carrying 800 points. The total testing time is 3 hours.
How do you prepare for the SAT?
College Board, the creators of the SAT, and Khan Academy have come together to create most comprehensive practice materials for the SAT – which is available to you completely free!
With Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy, you can find practice resources to help you prepare for the SAT. You will get access to thousands of practice questions with instant feedback, full-length practice tests, video lessons that explain problems step-by-step, and test-taking strategies.
SAT Test Structure
|Component||Time Allotted (minutes)||Number of Questions/Tasks|
|Writing and Language||35||44|
|Math Test-No Calculator||25||20|
Symbiosis Skills and Professional University has partnered with the College Board in the College Board India Scholars Program to provide access to high-quality undergraduate education in India for free to meritorious students from low-income family backgrounds. The College Board India Scholars Program is a full 100% tuition scholarship at <Indian university name> based on merit and means.
In addition to the 100% tuition scholarship, the program provides Indian students from low-income backgrounds with test fee waivers on the SAT admission test of up to 90% discount.
Please find below details of the program and the eligibility criteria for students to receive this full tuition fee scholarship.
College Board India Scholars – Merit cum needs based 100% full-tuition scholarship
- Qualified candidates will be those who took the SAT on or after the October 2018
- Criteria for students to be eligible for the scholarship:
- SAT score of 1300 or higher (out of 1600)
- Annual family income of less than INR 8 lakh
- Send your SAT scores from the College Board to the university. SAT score sends are free.
- Apply for admission to the university
- Meet all other admissions requirements at the university. The student does not need to take any other entrance exams.
- The university will make the final decision about admission and scholarship awards.
Students who score 1300 or higher earn the honor of being an SAT India Top Performer. Scholarships recipients have the added distinction of being a College Board India Scholar. Students can apply for the College Board India scholarship when they apply for admission to the university. We will select scholarship recipients from the pool of income-eligible students with SAT scores of 1300 or higher and who meet all other admission requirements of the university.
For more information click on the link below